- In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
- Top 6 Best Arborist Chainsaw (Table Comparison)
- Top 6 Best Arborist Chainsaw Reviews
- Best arborist Chainsaw Buying Guideline
- Your preference
- Safety precaution to handle the best arborist chainsaw:
- Final verdict
If we see the history of chainsaw for some previous years, we can fell no tremendous change in the chainsaw.
So only change in the more powerful power supply and bearing the quality graded construction materials are two changes which make today’s chainsaw distinct and comfortable than the old chainsaws.
When it comes to choosing the best arborist chainsaw, the question may arise at first, what is the difference between a regular chainsaw and an arborist chainsaw?
An arborist chainsaw is capable of accomplishing more than a wood cutting job. This chainsaw applies to remove the actual tree, pruning, trimming, removing the limbs for prevention, and so many others like them.
This article is going to describe in detail about the best arborist chainsaw available in today’s market.
However, let’s help you to find the best arborist chainsaw discussing in detail in this article.
In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
Top 6 Best Arborist Chainsaw (Table Comparison)
|Tanaka TCS33EDTP – 12 Inch|| » Gas-powered |
» Low fuel consumption
|Makita XCU02Z – 12 Inch|| » Battery powered|
» Low noise
|DEWALT DCCS620P1 – 12 Inch|| » Battery powered |
» Brushless motor
» Easy to use
|Hitachi CS33EDTP – 14 Inch|| » Gas-powered |
» Auto chain lubricator
|Husqvarna 966997203 – 12 Inch|| » Gas-powered |
» Low noise
|New Echo TCS-355T – 16 Inch||» Gas-powered |
» Light in weight
» Chain brake system
Top 6 Best Arborist Chainsaw Reviews
In this section, we have reviewed the 6 best arborist chainsaw for you. Let’s see:
Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch is one of the best top handle chainsaws for the arborist.
This chainsaw has a 32.2 cc commercial graded PureFire engine, which offers the user to cut wood through a clean and powerful wood cutting process.
This gas-powered chainsaw consumes less fuel, therefore, gives a low emission as well.
The Half throttle choke with the purge primer bulb, including in this chainsaw, offer to start the chainsaw quickly with a rapid warm-up.
Either the pruning, shaping of trees, or any hobby wood cutting, this chainsaw helps the user to accomplish it using the 12-inch chain along with the sprocket nose bar.
Easy access to the rear air filter, anti-vibration system etc. makes this machine user comfortable by all means.
This machine has a top handle on the top of the device; therefore, the user can handle this machine easily using his/her one hand.
Additionally, the presence of a built-in lanyard ring into this chainsaw helps you to cut the wood climbing upward the tree.
Moreover, the power-to-weight ratio of this chainsaw helps the user to easily carry this device for getting an outstanding output with a reduce fatigue.
Depending on the user demand, a 14-inch new chain also included in this chainsaw.
The Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine offers the saw user seven years of consumer warranty.
Inside the Package
One Tanaka 32.2 cc top handle chainsaw, one 12 inch chain, one chain bar, one user manual, etc.
- This chainsaw is featuring a Powerful 32.2cc 1.6 HP commercial-grade engine, which is capable of giving a high woodcutting performance.
- It contains a Sprocket-Nose Tanaka chain bar with Oregon 12 inch steel made chain.
- The side-access chain tension adjustment system presenting in the saw helps to tighten the chain suitably on the chain bar.
- For a rapid start-up and smoother warm up, it has half throttle choke with the Purge primer bulb.
- This device has a Built-in lanyard ring for easy climbing with the saw.
- The automatic oiler included in this saw helps a consistent chain and bar lubrication until you turned off the machine.
- This device features an upgraded anti-vibration system, which can ensure a reduce fatigues and high comfort for its users.
This The 18V x2 LXT (Makita XCU02Z) is run using two Lithium-Ion batteries, which gives 36-volt power at a time as a power supply of this cordless chainsaw.
Though Makita-built motor delivers 1, 650 FPM for a high woodcutting performance, but you will feel no irritating sound upon this high speed.
This cordless chainsaw produces a lower noise level at only 89 dB (A). As a result, you will never feel any annoying sound is hammering your ear and head.
Unlike the gas-powered chainsaw, this chainsaw has almost no emission. Beside this, it takes a low maintenance from the user as well.
The tool-less chain tightening process of this chainsaw enhances customer satisfaction reducing the hassles, which has to face in the manual chain tightening process.
Some additional features like a front hand guard with the auto chain braking system, an electric brake works to ensure user safety, not hampering the high output overall.
This chainsaw is featuring a Protection Technology named XPT™. This XPT™ technology works to save your chainsaw from any wood dust or rainwater in a rush wood cutting site also.
The total weight of this chainsaw is 10.1 lbs. (With batteries) which is pretty light to carry and run with reducing fatigue.
An automatic adjustable chain oiler with a large oil filling opening helps the user to get rid of manual oiling.
Besides this, the transparent window present onto the oil tank helps the user to refuel the oil tank on time.
Inside the Package
One Makita XCU02Z chainsaw, one 12 inch chain, one chain bar, toolbar, one user manual, etc.
Battery and charger are not included in this chainsaw; you have to purchase them separately to run the machine.
- It is run by two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery, which gives 36-volt energy at a time.
- This machine is capable of running at a lower noise level at only 89 dB (A).
- A 12-inch chain and chain bar are included in this saw.
- This machine features a tool-less chain tension adjusting.
- The front handguard, along with the auto chain brake system of this device, helps to control the user safety more.
- Electric brake also presents into this saw as a safety feature.
- It consists of one Makita-built motor, which can deliver 1,650 FPM chain high speed at a time.
- L.E.D. battery indicators, including on the battery, show the battery charge level.
- This chainsaw offers the user three years of limited warranty.
This chainsaw is a battery-powered chainsaw, and it contains one lithium-ion battery that can supply 20-volt power to this chainsaw.
This 20-volt power helps to cut your demand woodcut comfortably. The brushless motor inside the chainsaw, increase the motor durability along with giving high productivity.
The auto oiler presence in this chainsaw that lubricates the chain and chain bar gently throughout the whole process time.
There is an oil level indicator onto the oil tank, which adds an extra advantage of follow up the oil level in the oil tank. So you even don’t have to open the oil tank opening to see the inside oil level.
Presence of the Low kickback 12″ Oregon chain Bar, along with the chain, makes this machine worthy of doing the heavy-duty job in any commercial purpose as well.
The chain speed of this chainsaw is 25.2 feet/second.
Besides this, a Tool-free chain adjusting system along with a chain bar tightening knob presents in the chainsaw, enhance the chainsaw quality by decreasing the chain tightening process time.
The design and weight of this chainsaw are very user-friendly. This chainsaw has a compact design and light in weight (only 8.8 lbs).
Inside the Package
One DEWALT DCCS620P1 chainsaw, one 12 inch chain, one chain bar, one lithium-ion battery with 20 voltage power supply, one Hard Bar cover, one user manual, etc.
- This chainsaw includes a 20 voltage lithium-ion battery, which is powerful enough to accomplish much indoor or outdoor wood cutting jobs.
- It has a compact structure and simple design. It is a lightweight chainsaw giving only 8.8lbs weight.
- Brushless motor inside the device helps to acquire a faster performance, ensuring motor durability.
- This device has a tool-less chain adjustment system. You can easily tight the chain onto the chain bar using the Bar tightening knob mounted on the side of this chainsaw.
- This chainsaw has some upgraded safety features like a low kickback chain.
- Per charge, this chainsaw is features to give you a 90 cut on a 4×4 pressure wood log.
- AllDEWALT DCCS620P1 chainsaw comes with 90 days money back guaranty.
This chainsaw is a gas-powered chainsaw containing a 2stroke 32.2cc, 1.6-horsepower super powerful engine.
The engine of this chainsaw neither eats a massive fuel nor emits any hazardous carbon smoke into the air.
As this is a PuriFire engine is made of commercial graded, so it is capable of giving high-quality professional service to its users.
The 14 inch Oregon steel made chain with a sprocket nose chain bar helps to cut the wood efficiently without creating any kickback to the users.
Hitachi CS33EDTP 2-Stroke Gas Powered chainsaw has an advanced level of anti-vibration system, which ensures reduced fatigues along with an increased user comfort.
Moreover, this chainsaw has a top handle situated at the top of the device, which can easily handle using one hand of the user.
It is a chainsaw for any arborist choice, as it has a top handle and an attractive, user-friendly structure.
This chainsaw you can use any for your indoor or outdoor use as pruning, shaping, and hobby work or cutting wood for your fireplace, etc.
Besides all of this, this device has a chrome-plated cylinder, forged steel connecting rod and heavy-duty, gear-driven auto oiler, which ensures the chain and chain bar lubrication perfectly always.
Including a half throttle choke and purge primer bulb works to generate a quicker warm-up and smooth start-up of the machine.
Inside the Package
One Hitachi CS33EDTP 2-Stroke Gas Powered chainsaw, one 14 inch chain, one chain bar, one user manual, etc.
- It has a powerful 2-stroke engine with a capacity of 32.2 cc power.
- It has a side adjusting chain tensioning system.
- This chainsaw is featuring a 14-inch chain and chain bar to give demand quality wood thickness.
- Including the top handle onto the chainsaw makes it eligible for the arborist use.
- This device is constructed with a comfortable weigh-to power ratio.
- It has a combination of half throttle choke and purge primer for any easy start-up of the saw.
- The sprocket nose bar included in this device works to give you a low kickback.
Husqvarna 966997203 T435 is another top handle chainsaw containing a 35.2cc gas-powered engine.
The total weight of Husqvarna T435 chainsaw is 7.5 lbs, so anybody, especially any aged or physically weak person, can handle this chainsaw easily.
This chainsaw is suitable for light work like pruning, trimming, or slicing off a small log into your back yard.
Husqvarna 966997203 T435 is a quality wood cutting device that can operate to cut the groundwood or tree branches by climbing on the tree.
You can enjoy the smooth operation of this machine with low maintenance.
However, this machine featuring an automatic oiler so that you can get rid of any manual oiling to your chain and chain bar.
The anti-vibration features of this machine help the user to operate this machine at various angles without feeling hand fatigues.
A new x-cut chain and x-force chain bar are included here with low kickback features.
Both the chin and chain bar helps to gather a superior performance and long-lasting service of your chainsaw. The side chain tightening knob presenting in this saw helps the user to adjust the chain tension facing any time-consuming process quickly.
This chainsaw is designed to consume low fuel following emit little smoke to the air. Hence it is a device getting approval of the World’s most popular environmental regulations.
If you want to cut the tree branches climbing on the tree, there is a rope adhering strictly with the chain saw, which will help you not to fall from the tree with your device.
It is a top handle chainsaw and contains a quick-release air filter onto its filtration system.
This quick release air filter helps to reduce the contact of any wood dust and debris onto the saw engine. Thus it improves the engine potency and durability for a long time.
Moreover, presenting the Chain break window incorporated into the chainsaw helps you to follow up your guide bar tip very carefully even by not touching the chain bar.
Inside the Package
One Husqvarna 966997203 T435 chainsaw, one chain, one chain bar, and one user manual, etc.
- This device has a 35.2 cc gas-powered engine.
- This machine lubricates its chain and chain bar through an automatic and adjustable oiler present inbuilt with the saw.
- It contains a quick-release air filtration system.
- The x-cut chain and x-force chain bar included in this saw help for a quality cut in a fast way.
- It is the best top handles chainsaw available in the market.
- It is featuring a side chain tightening knob.
- It offers a rope to cut wood branches climbing onto a tree.
- This device contains the Chain break window to observe the guide bar tips.
New Echo Top Handle Chain Saw (Model: CS-355T) contain a super faster gas-powered 35.8 cc engine. The two cycles of this engine help you to mix oil and gas separately in each chamber.
Using this 35.8 cc engine, you can accomplish your wood cutting job both for your professional purpose also for your personal use. The contoured top handle chain handle makes this saw different from other commercial chainsaws.
You can use both the 14 inches and 16-inch chain and bar to meet any of your demand wood thickness.
An automatic and adjustable clutch driven chain lubricator included in this saw, which not only ensures the chain lubrication perfectly also works to prevent any premature break down of your chainsaw with reducing the sudden shut down of the machine.
The integrated choke and fast idle trigger release along with the duel-post chain brake system of this wood cutting device help to reduce the machine kick back and increase the safety of you.
Including G-Force Engine Air pre-Cleaner TM features into this device, it works to supply fresh and clean air supply.
Inside the Package
One New Echo Top Handle Chain Saw, one user manual, and toolbar, etc.
You have to purchase Chain, bar, and other related accessories separately.
- This device has a 35.8 cc professional graded two-stroke gas engine.
- It features a contoured shaped so more fit the handle on to your hand.
- This chainsaw is available both for the 14-inch and 16-inch chain length.
- It has an automatic and adjustable clutch driven chain and bar oiler.
- This machine is featuring a smooth start-up.
- It has an easy access rear-mounted air filter.
- It has integrated choke and fasts idle trigger release.
- The duel-post chain brake system ensures the saw durability by reducing the process kickback.
- This chainsaw includes a G-Force Engine Air pre-Cleaner TM, which supplies clean air.
Best arborist Chainsaw Buying Guideline
Some factors should take into consideration before buying the best arborist chainsaws from the market. Some of them are-
Purpose of use
If you are going to use your chainsaw for any of your light woodcutting or any of your hobby wood cutting, an electric chainsaw will be better for you.
And if you are going to use the chainsaw for any commercial purpose, use one gas-powered chainsaw.
For the newbie in the wood cutting field, we suggest starting with a small and lightweight chainsaw.
It is better to start with a chainsaw with a 12 to 15-inch chain bar chainsaw for the newbie.
Your physical strength
Handling of the gas-powered chainsaw, more physical force is necessary. Gas-powered chainsaws are heavy and large.
So think well, which chainsaw will be perfect to adjust with your physical strength.
Type of wood cutting
For large and hardwood cutting jobs, there is no alternate of using one gas-powered chainsaw.
And for any light to moderate woodcutting, you can purchase one battery-powered or electric powered chainsaw.
Frequency of using
If you are going to use your chainsaw rarely in a month or year, buy an electric chainsaw.
If you have to use your saws regularly on a short interval, use one gas-powered chainsaw.
Your wood cutting place
Woodcutting is a deep forest or clearing the wood jam after any natural calamities need to use a gas-powered chainsaw.
Using a chainsaw far from your home is mandatory to use the gas-powered chainsaw.
However, if you want to cut wood in your back yards, you can smoothly go through with a battery-powered or electric powered chainsaw.
The thickness of your wood slice
The electric chainsaw cannot cut wood with a range up to 18 to 20-inch thickness. So if you need to cut wood with more width, buy one gas-powered chainsaw.
It is a vital concern you have to bear with your chainsaws. The chainsaw without any safety features may cause even death of you.
So carefully read all safety manual of each chainsaw brands available into the market. When you find any satisfactory safety features in any chainsaw, purchase it.
Woodcutting is a sensitive area like near any hospital, or school needs to accomplish with an electric powered chainsaw.
A gas-powered chainsaw may produce a loud noise, which may disturb the patients and children.
So in spite of solving above all concerns, another concern may impact your chainsaw purchasing is which type of chainsaw you like most?
You may fall in love to buy one electric chainsaw, or you may steadfast on your decision to buy one gas-powered chainsaw.
So whatever you have decided to buy, know in detail about that chainsaw at first.
Safety precaution to handle the best arborist chainsaw
- Before you are going to start your operation, tell your family members where you are going to cut the wood.
- Don’t switch off your mobile phone.
- Don’t forget to wear these below-listed safety gears accurately-
- Helmet with earmuffs.
- Protective eyeglasses.
- Protective chaps.
- Forestry jacket/shirt.
- Anti-slip boots with steel soul.
- Hard hand gloves.
- Ensure nobody is moving unnecessarily (within 10 feet of your working areas) around your wood cutting area.
- Avoid forcing any tree to fall against its natural falling direction.
- Wrap the saw handle tightly with your thumbs and fingers.
- Hold the chainsaw close to your body; if you wear all safety gear, don’t hesitate to handle the chainsaw close with your body.
- Maintain a safe distance of the chain nose from your body.
- Maintain the right position of your leg that places your left leg in front of your right leg.
- If you are going to change your position suddenly, switch off the chain at first.
- Once you have completed your woodcut, switch off the machine and store it in a secure place.
- Routinely check your machine to avoid any jam or corrosion inside it.
1. What is the difference between a top handle chainsaw and a rear handle chainsaw?
Ans: The difference between these two chainsaw is in their specified performance. A top handle chainsaw is used to cut above-ground cutting (Like a dead branch on a large tree).
Again a rear handle chainsaw can use to cut down the whole tree. Rear handle chainsaws are more powerful and useful to accomplish a more complicated task.
You can do heavy wood cutting like firewood cut, large wood slicing using one rear handle chainsaw.
2. Why a top handle chainsaw can be beneficial for wood cutting?
Ans: If you want to use a moremaneuverable chainsaw, you can select your chainsaw with a top handle. Top handle chainsaw is light in weight and can handle using one hand.
Where other chainsaws contain a handle at their rear position, a top handle chainsaw includes a handle at the top position of its. Top handle chainsaws are the best choice for any arborist.
However, you can follow this article to select the best top handle chainsaw from the market.
3. What are the cutting techniques that can get using an Arborist chainsaw?
Ans: Basically, there are five cutting techniques, which you can get by an Arborist chainsaw. They are-
» The Onboard Step Cut
» Scarf Cut Free Fall
» Hand-Held Step Cut
» Vertical Hand-Held Step Cut
» Scarf Cut Hand-Held
4. How a chainsaw could be dangerous to me?
Ans: If you don’t know how to run or handle a chainsaw, it may cause severe danger to your health.
The dangerous threats of any chainsaws are –
» Kickback of the chain towards you,
» High vibration,
» Loud noise,
» Eye problem,
» Cutting your body,
» Break down of the chain,
» Crushing under the falling trees,
» Inserting of sharp-edged wood debris onto your foot,
» Back injuries,
» Head, and neck injuries and so many others.
So that is all about on best arborist chainsaw. If you find this article is a little bit informative and useful to you, our efforts worth it.
One more thing I want to tell all my readers if you think running chainsaw is an easy task, and you can handle it without seriously taking it, you are not in the proper direction.
Handling of a chainsaw can be severely dangerous sometimes for both for you and your chainsaw, never operate it without reading the safety manuals and without knowing the safety precautions.
A successful chainsaw operation also depends on adequately knowing all its safety precautions as well!