- In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
- Top 5 Best Budget Chainsaw (Table Comparison)
- Product reviews for best chainsaw for carving
- 1.BLACK + DECKER 20 V MAX Cordless Chainsaw, 10 inch (LCS1020)
- 2.Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14-inch Lightweight Corded Electric Chainsaw, Black.
- 3. Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2 cc 12-inch Top Handle Chain Saw Pure Fire Engine
- 4. WORX WG303.1 Powered Chain Saw, 16″ Bar Length, Red
- 5. Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, Orange/Gray
- Buying Guideline for the best chainsaw for carving
- Chainsaw Wood Carving Tips & Tricks:
- Final Verdict
Wood carving is such an incredible work; mandatorily you will need the best chainsaw for carving to accomplish the curving correctly.
A chainsaw for your wood carving, it should be a lighter chainsaw, it should be free of kickback and it should not produce any vibration during the machine operation.
In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
Since wood curving is a precise job and needs to consider some empirical facts, you have to select the most capable and comfortable chainsaw to successfully doing the wood curvature.
Past few days we were busy researching online and offline to find the perfect chainsaw for carving the wood. After analyzing a couple of hours in a couple of websites and a couple of chainsaw shops, we have enlisted the most wanted- top 5 best chainsaws for carving.
This list is done based on the containing of most wanted variables (like, lightweight, anti-vibration, low kickback, powerful, low noise and some others as well) and customer feedback as well.
You can keep faith in us; thinking about the wood artist like you, we have made a workable list for you. This list will force you to run to the market and to grab the best chainsaw for your wood carving.
So, let’s go for the depth of the best chainsaw for carving–
List of Best Chainsaw For Carving in 2020
|1. BLACK + DECKER 20V Chainsaw -10 Inch|| » Battery powered|
» Auto oiling system
» No fuel consumption
|2. Remington RM1425 – 14 Inch|| » Lightweight |
» No fuel consumption
» Low kickback
|3. Tanaka TCS33EDTP -12 Inch|| » Portable |
» Low kickback
» Auto gear-driven oiler
|4. WORX WG303.1 – 16 Inch|| » Lightweight |
» No noise
» Auto chain lubricator
|5. Husqvarna 120 Mark II – 16 Inch|| » Durable |
» Low emission
» Low fuel consumption
best chainsaw for carving Reviews 2020
In this section, we reviewed the best chainsaws for carving. What are those? Let’s see-
BLACK + DECKER 20 V MAX Cordless Chainsaw, 10 inch (LCS1020) is a battery-powered chainsaw run on a 20V Lithium-ion battery. This 20V battery is capable to give a longer run time for the user woodcut demand.
This battery can hold its charge at least five times longer than other batteries. A 10-inch chain and Oregon chain bar deliver the most effective and smooth cut to the user.
You may think using this 10-inch chainsaw user cannot cut any longer thickness wood.
Sorry boss! You are thinking wrong!
You can cut a double off the 10-inch thickness (i.e. 20-inch) wood easily using this saw.
The tool-less tension adjusting system offers the user a rapid and easy to set chain adjustment system.
Unlike any manual chain adjustment system, it’s going to help you to feel very comfortable to set the chain onto the chin bar with a proper tightness.
You can enjoy the easy of maneuverability as this chainsaw only contain a 7.2 pounds weight. It contains a wraparound handle offering the user more comfort and more control of the saw.
Moreover, an improved oiling system including a clear window gauge attached to the oil tank, helps the user to auto lubricate the chain parts and to observe the oil level onto the oil tank from the outer side.
Inside the Package
The package of this product comes with one BLACK + DECKER Cordless Chainsaw, one 10-inch chain, one chain bar, one 20V Lithium-ion battery, one charger, and one user manual, etc.
- This cordless chainsaw runs on the power supply of a 20V Lithium-ion battery.
- The 10-inch chain and Oregon chain bar included with this saw help the user to meet their woodcut demand most efficiently.
- The tool-free blade tension adjusting system of this saw helps the user to set the chain tightness rapidly and easily.
- This saw is featuring a wraparound bale handle included with the machine.
- It contains a low kickback feature with the Oregon chain and chain bar.
- You can enjoy the most anti-vibration features while running the machine.
Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14-inch Lightweight Corded Electric Chainsaw capable to cut Limb and sapling efficiently.
The rugged construction and the user-friendly characteristics make this saw worthy to use for the homeowner and the landowner also.
So, if you want to use a top-rated chainsaw for your home using, you can proceed with this chainsaw. It is like an all in one chainsaw with many facilities.
The 14-inch chain and chain bar including the chain braking system thereby help to exert a low kickback to the user. The Push-button oiler with an external chain adjuster helps the user to enjoy the easiest to maneuverability efficiently.
You can easily lubricate your chain parts, also can easily adjust the chain tightness quickly and easily.
Unlike any gas-powered chainsaw, this saw doesn’t feed any fuel to run the engine. There is no emission from this saw.
Therefore, it is the eco-friendliest chainsaw available now a day. The electric start makes worthy the saw to give a simple and quick start without any pulling cord or any ignition in the chain engine.
Whatever the wood cutting job is, this saw can accomplish all of them. The saw has a two years warranty and it comes in a full assemble form.
Inside the Package
The package of this product comes with one RM1425 14-inch electric chainsaw, one 14-inch chain, one chain bar, and one Operator’s Manual.
- This electric chainsaw has a light in weight design. The easy-to-wield design of this saw makes this saw one of the top-rated chainsaws for wood carving.
- The 8-amp electric motor can cut any small wood branches efficiently.
- This chainsaw has a push-button oiler, so the user can efficiently avoid the mess of manual oiling over the chain and chain bar.
- An external chain tightener offers the user a fast chain tightening easily at a rapid time.
- The handle of this saw is covered with a wraparound handguard. So, user can keep their hands safe from the contact of any wood debris.
- This chainsaw comes in a full assemble form.
- Unlike any gas-powered chainsaw, it is a chainsaw featuring no vibration, no noise, and no emission. It is a chainsaw that doesn’t need to consume any fuel as well.
Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2 cc 12-inch Top Handle Chain Saw Pure Fire Engine was intended to manufacture for pruning, shaping and some other hobby woodcut.
It has a 32.2 cc two-stroke commercial graded PuriFire engine which is capable to deliver a neat and clean woodcut in an efficient time.
The 12-inch chain and sprocket node bar help the user to cut the wood enjoying no kickback towards him/her.
It is simple to use the machine which contains an automatic gear-driven oiler in-built with the machine. This auto oiler works to auto lubricated the chain and bar and helps to prevent any chain friction in between the woodcut.
Like other top-rated gas-powered chainsaws, this chainsaw has a tool-less chain adjustment system.
Using a side-mounted chain tightening knob helps the user to adequately tight the chain and bar within a while and without any manual assistance.
Maybe you are thinking about such excellent features in one chainsaw! Wait, I have not told everything yet!
The half throttle and the primer bulb help the user to enjoy an easy start and quick warming up of this device.
It is a device, which contains a top handle mounted on the top of the saw. So, user can handle this saw climbing on a tree, or even using one hand also.
It is a power to weight ration chainsaw, including an additional offer to use a 14-inch chain as a spare chain part along with the machine.
Inside the Package
The package of this product comes with one Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2 cc 12-inch Top Handle Chain Saw, one 12-inch chain, one chain bar, and one user manual.
- This Chainsaw is featuring a 32.3 cc PuriFire commercial graded engine. This engine can deliver a neat and clean woodcut performance within a short time utilizing less fuel consumption.
- The 12-inch chain and chain bar included with this chain saw helps to supply a user demand wood thickness.
- It has an automatic gear-driven oiler to automatically lubricate the chain and chain bar.
- A side-access chain tensioning included in this saw, offer the user to tighten the chain and chain bar rapidly and easily.
- The sprocket nose bar included in this chain offers a low kickback to the user.
- This saw consists of A half throttle choke along with the primer bulb so that the user can enjoy an easy start and quickly warm-up of the machine.
The WORX 16” 3.5 HP 14.5 Amp chainsaw is such a device that can cut at the next level. The 14.5 Amp motor delivers an excellent output almost as similar to the gas-powered chainsaw.
Any homeowner, farmers or even any rancher can use this device to meet their wood cutting demand.
It has a self-patented chain tension adjustment system which can help you to avoid any overtightening or any loose tightening of the chain onto the bar.
The chain of this saw can hold the proper tightness to stuck onto the bar up to a hundred uses of the saw.
The 16-inch chain and a low kick bar have an inbuilt auto chain braking system to add a more safety feature for the user of the saw.
It is an electric-powered chainsaw, doesn’t need any battery or any fuel consumption like another chainsaw. The chain speed of this saw is 12 m/s.
The automatic chain lubricator included in the saw to prevent any premature breakdown of the chain and bar and also ensure a proper chain spinning all time.
The rubber rear handle along with the full wrapped handguard front handle offers the user to more control the saw more comfortably.
So, don’t miss the chance to grab one WORX 16” 3.5 HP 14.5 Amp chainsaw, it is one of the best chainsaws for carving.
Inside the Package
The package of this product comes with one WORX WG303.1 Powered Red Chain Saw, one 16-inch chain, one bar, and one user manual.
- This chainsaw features a 14.5 Amp motor which can provide almost the same performance as any gas-powered chainsaw.
- It contains an auto chain oiler to lubricate the chain and chain bar smoothly.
- A patented auto-tension system built with the saw helps the user to adjust the chain tightness rapidly without any manual hassles.
- The weight of the saw is 11 pounds, which is enough capacity to handle the saw even for any toughest wood carving operation.
- This chainsaw has a rubber rear handle along with a fully wrapped front handle. The most affecting this is that the combination of such handle makes this chainsaw worthy to use for any wood carving.
- Unlike any gas-powered chainsaw, this saw doesn’t produce any vibration, any loud noise. Additionally, they consume no fuel and emit no smoke.
Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, Orange/Gray always give a priority to the user so that they can ensure their safety at first.
This chainsaw is maneuverable due to the combination of the ergonomic design, comfortable features and the safety features all in alone.
It is a chainsaw contain the most wanted built-in safety break to reduce the kickback and thus prevent the chance of damage of the user.
The auto oiler included in this saw helps to supply steady lubrication to the chain and chain bar and thus helps to reduce the chain friction effectively.
This gas-powered chainsaw contains a 16-inch chain and chain bar to meet any specific woodcut demand efficiently. As this chainsaw is run on gasoline, it is the most powerful chainsaws available now a day.
If you use this chainsaw, you don’t have to afford too much to tighten the chain onto the bar. A simple chain tensioning system included in this device will help you to adjust the chain tension quickly and smoothly.
Moreover, the X-Torque engine included in this device is prone to feed a low fuel also a low emitting to the air.
However, additionally, you can use an 18-inch chain also along with the chainsaw.
Inside the Package
The package of this product comes with one Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaws, one 16-inch chain, one chain bar, one user manual, etc.
- This chainsaw is featuring an X-torque engine that is capable to use less fuel and low emission.
- This chainsaw has an automatic chain oiler. So, chain and chain bars can easily lubricate.
- It is a gas-powered chainsaw and contains more safety features to ensure user safety.
- This chain can proceed to cut the wood using a 16-inch or 18-inch chain and chain bar effectively.
- A simple chain tensioning system helps the user to adjust the chain tension in a short time and without facing any manual hassles.
- Including the Centrifugal air filtering system, helps the machine engine stay away from the wood dust and debris.
Buying Guideline for the best chainsaw for carving
A carving chainsaw helps the carvers to accomplish the exhilarating and elaborate ancient art of woodcarving most attractively and efficiently.
Together with other tools, a carving chainsaw helps to make the wood sculpture effectively. So, the feature of the best chainsaw for carving should be as follows-
- It should contain a lightweight and small size.
- It should free of any machine vibration.
- The saw should contain low kickback features inbuilt with the machine.
- A side-mounted chain tensioning system included in the saw will increase work efficiency.
- An automatic oiler builds into the chain will reduce the manual hassles to lubricating the chain parts.
So, know what to look before you are going to buy the best chainsaw for your wood carving.
Here I am giving some important facts, which you must include in your chainsaw if you want the best chainsaw for carving.
An anti-vibration handle, a heated handle saw, an electric chainsaw or even a battery-powered chainsaw are eligible to reduce the machine vibration at the user satisfactory level.
Any excessive vibration causes extra stress on the user’s hand. So, in that case, the user needs to expend more energy to handle the saw.
So, handling the saw within longer stress, do not let the user operate it comfortably longer. In that case, it is difficult to holding the concentration to be creative on the wood sculpture.
Besides this, a chainsaw sometimes can cause user injury due to excessive machine vibration.
So, look for such a chainsaw with an anti-vibration feature. It is mandatory. A chainsaw with low vibration is the pre requisition for any successful wood carving.
Including a low Kickback Chain, a low Kickback Guide Bar, Guide Bar Safety Tip or Bar Tip Guard will help you to enjoy a low kickback from your chainsaw.
So why you need a low kickback chainsaw?
A low kickback chainsaw not only ensures your safety by the side it also ensure your sculpture design is not going to spoil or damage upon an accidental kickback of your chainsaw towards you or your wood sculpture.
A kickback is a severe dangerous fact that is alone enough to cause serious injury to both you and your sculpture. So, purchase a chainsaw with a low kickback feature. It is a must needed phenomenon in the saw.
Size and Weight of the saw
For wood carving, relatively a low size and lightweight is preferable. However, if you are intending to purchase one chainsaw for both your wood carving along with other cutting wood purposes you can buy a medium-sized chainsaw.
A woodcarver feels pretty to work with a lightweight chainsaw with a small size.
The power source of the chainsaw
It is the key concern every user has to think before buying the chainsaw. A gas-powered chainsaw is run over gasoline, an electric corded chainsaw run by an electric supply and lastly an electric cordless run on a battery charge.
For a woodcarving job, an electric corded chainsaw has the tend to popularly used. However, you can use whatever you like to use for your use.
Chainsaw Safety Features
A chain braking system is the most renowned and effective safety features included in maximum chainsaw now a day.
So, if your chainsaw does not have this feature, what type of problem you can face?
A low powered electric chainsaw has the prone to avoid this feature, in that case, if you move your finger from the throttle instantly your saw will automatically be turned off giving you a push back.
So, select the saw with the safety features, it will ensure both you and your saw’s safety.
Select a chainsaw with a tool-less chain tensioning system. A tool-less side tensioning system will allow you to tighten the chain and chain bar simply and easily using a side-mounted chain tightening knob.
Today’s every renowned chainsaw company makes the chainsaw with a side-mounted chain tightener; do you know why they do it?
The answer is, to ensure your chain tightness consistently, and to reduce your manual involvement on the chain tightening process.
Chain and Chain Bar
Depending on the chain length, you can measure the thickness of your wood dia. You know better which wood dia you have to deal with. Purchase the chainsaw according to your demand for wood thickness.
You can do an alternative to choose the chainsaw chain and chain bar effectively. If you search a little bit, you will find a chainsaw that has the option to use two sizes chain and chain bar.
Suppose you can use a 14 inch and a 16-inch chain and chain bar in one chainsaw.
If you don’t want to invest two chainsaws both your creative work and also for your home demand, it will be the best choice for you to buy the chainsaw with an alternate option of using another size chain.
Engine / Motor Power
Many users may think for wood carving they don’t need a powerful chainsaw. It is not true always.
If you want to carve a heavy or hardwood you will have to use a powerful chainsaw, or you have to input a more force onto a medium chainsaw.
So, the choice is yours.
Gas-powered a chainsaw is featuring to be more powerful rather than any other chainsaw available into the market.
If you want to avoid a gas-powered chainsaw, there is some best electric chainsaw available into the market, which can give the almost same performance as the gas-powered chainsaw.
The power of any chainsaw lies onto the power of the engine or motor included in the saw. An engine or a motor is like the heart of the saw.
So, the more power you want, buy the more powerful the engine or more powerful motor according to this.
Starting mechanism may be different types according to your chainsaw types. An electric chainsaw is the first in line to give you an easy and simple chainsaw starting.
An electric chainsaw gives an electric start, they do not need any handle pulling or do not need any internal ignition.
Gas-powered chainsaws are relatively difficult to start. However, many renowned manufacturers now working to include an easy and simple starting into the gas-powered chainsaw also. You can look at one of them also.
A chainsaw containing a difficult starting will force you to lead a miserable chainsaw starting always. So, buy a chainsaw with an electric start, or spring-assisted pull-start, or a Choke control starting.
One thing you should know clearly, wood carving is a job of holding the patience and concentrating fully onto the wood. Besides this, you have to turn off your saw each time you are changing the direction of your design on the wood.
So, if each time you need to start the saw toughly, it will not possible to hold your concentration each time deeply.
That’s why I am emphasizing an easy starting of your wood carving chainsaw. Some other factors like- mounting the handle, a wraparound handle, an efficient air filtration system, an auto gear-driven oiler with an observer window; you can find into your chainsaw before purchasing it.
Besides all of these, you can also look for a top-rated brand to find your saw. There is no doubt that A renowned brand has a promising nature to give you the best chainsaw for carving if you demand it.
So, whatever you intend to include in your saws feature list, just go to the shop, search a little a bit and find all the features in one chainsaw.
Chainsaw Wood Carving Tips & Tricks
- Read the owner manuals to the point. You will able to know the maintenance requirements and fundamental details after reading this manual.
- Know the safety requirements as well. I am telling you to know the safety requirement so that you can wear the safety gear and can confirm your safety.
- Never work your wood carving using a less sharpen chainsaw. It will spoil your wood design and wood sculpture.
- A dedicated chainsaw for your wood carving, should not use to cut any heavy or harder wood cutting for any professional use. If you need it badly, you can use a separate chain and chain bar to do it.
- To make a larger wood log use a powerful chainsaw with a larger chain and chain bar. After then, use a smaller chainsaw to start your wood creativity.
- Never allow any child or any outer people at your wood carving work station.
- Use some books on woodcarving. (If you are a beginner). It will help you know in detail the wood carving and the safety of the wood carving chain saw.
- Try to attend some local wood sculpture event to gather a through hint about the wood carving design and sculpture structure.
- Try to gain more experience, try to gain more knowledge.
- If you are a beginner of wood carving, start with a smaller piece of wood log to carve. Practice regularly to make a wood sculpture.
- Using a 1/4-inches pitch carving chain onto the dime/quarter tip carving bar will increase the potency to make a successful wood sculpture.
- Finally, once you have completed your wood carving, let the saw off. Let clean the saw properly. After then, store this saw covering the chain blade by a blade cover. And don’t forget to store the saw out of reach of any child.
Every chainsaw user does not use a chainsaw if they are only a Lumberjack or only a Lumberjill. Even all saw users do not use the saw to cut the fireplace wood or to clean the wood jam after any natural calamities.
There are some other classes of chainsaw users who use the saw to meet their artistic needs. These people are termed as a wood artist or a woodcarver.
A chainsaw without the felling and bucking trees also have some artistic and aristocratic use which is accomplished by the wood artist or by the woodcarver.
Wood saw for the woodcarver, will not need so much power but obviously will need some other sophisticated and upgraded features to balance the tool.
So, this is all about finding the best chainsaw for carving. If you are searching for the perfect chainsaw for your wood carving, this list is going to help you from any perspective.
As usual, don’t forget to share this article, if you liked it even little a bit.