- What is the best 18 inch Chainsaw?
- In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
- Top 6 Best 18 Inch Chainsaw (Table Comparison)
- Top 6 Best 18 Inch Chainsaw Reviews
- 1. Husqvarna 18 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
- 2. Remington RM4618 Outlaw 46cc 2-Cycle 18-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
- 3. Oregon CS1500 18 in. 15 Amp Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
- 4. Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw, 2.0 AH Battery Included GCS80420
- 5. Poulan Pro PR4218, 18 in. 42cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 6. WORX WG304.1 Chain Saw 18-Inch 4 15.0 Amps
- Buying Guideline of the best 18 inch Chainsaw
- Chainsaw Maintenance and Care
- Final Verdict
There are several 18-inched chainsaws brands available nowadays. Each brand is dominating the chainsaws sector featuring lots of upgraded technology, functions, and designs.
So if you need a chainsaw, particularly an 18 inch chainsaw, you may fall in confusion about which brands you should purchase.
A perfect brand of an 18-inch chainsaw depends on many factors.
Most of the elements are usually related to you, your choice, and your wood cutting demand.
However, the time to your confusion has finished when you come to read my article.
I believe any ambiguity related to an 18-inch chainsaw can be resolved by discussing some things.
So I am going to tell you some useful information related to the best 18 inch chainsaw near you. Hopefully, it will help you to purchase your most wanted Chainsaw very soon.
In A Hurry? The Test Winner After Our Research
Why is it better?
» X-torque features.
» 55.5 cc motor power.
» Anti-vibration system.
» Auto chain braking system.
» 18-inch chain and chain bar.
» Quick-release Air Filtration system.
» Side-mounted chain tightening system.
Top 6 Best 18 Inch Chainsaw (Table Comparison)
» Automatic oiler
» Low fuel consumption
» Automatic oiler
» Powerful engine
|Oregon CS1500 - 18 Inch Chainsaw||» Low noise
» Low kickback
|Check on Amazon|
|Greenworks PRO - 18 Inch Chainsaw||» Battery powered
» No noise
» Automatic oiler
|Check on Amazon|
|Poulan Pro PR4218 - 18 Inch Chainsaw||» Gas-powered
» Air Filter system
» Low fuel consumption
|Check on Amazon|
|WORX WG304.1 - 18 Inch Chainsaw||» Light weight
» Automatic oiler
» Low fuel consumption
|Check on Amazon|
Top 6 Best 18 Inch Chainsaw Reviews in 2021
I am enlisting here the top 6 best 18 inch chainsaws. You can select to purchase any of the Chainsaw from my list. I can assure you will never regret your afford by buying any one of them.
1. Husqvarna 18 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw
If you are looking for a chainsaw that is powerful but gives smooth operation and maintenance, Husqvarna 18 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw will be a perfect choice for you.
This Chainsaw will help you to prune, limb, and fireplace woodcuts. The 18-inch chain and chain bar help you getting your desired woodcut very efficiently.
A landowner or a homeowner both can use this top-rated Chainsaw to meet any of their hard and heavy wood cutting demand.
The two-stroke engine with a capacity of 55.5 ccs motor power works comprehensively to give accurate output.
This Chainsaw contains intertie activated chain brake, which can reduce the process kickback and can increase the user comfort level.
This Chainsaw works smoothly with an upgraded anti-vibration system. This anti-vibration feature can reduce the machine shakes while you are running it and will reduce the risk of fatigues.
A side-mounted chain tensioning system helps the user to tighten the chain and chain bar quickly and effectively.
The automatic oiler presents into this device, consistently lubricates the chain and chain bar, and prevent any unwanted breakdown of both of them.
The air injection centrifugal air cleaning system inbuilt with the machine; avoid the contact of larger or smaller wood debris and wood dust to reaching into your filter and thereby to the saw engine.
Inside the Package
One orange Husqvarna 18 Inch 455 Rancher Gas Chainsaw, one 18 inch chain and one chain, one bar cover, one bottle of 2. 6 ounces 2 cycle fuel and one user manual.
- It is a gas-powered chainsaw containing a 55.5 cc motor power.
- It is featuring an 18-inch chain consisting of an auto chain braking system.
- This Chainsaw has an automatic lubricating system.
- This machine has a side-mounted chain adjustment system.
- The anti-vibration system including in this device helps to increase user comfort.
- It has a quick-release air filtration system.
- X-torque features of this device help to consume a low fuel and a lower emission.
2. Remington RM4618 Outlaw 46cc 18 Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
This Chainsaw has a 46 cc engine with an 18-inch chain and chain bar. The chain present in the saw is featuring a chain braking system; thus, it gives a low kickback to the users.
The presenting of an isolated and cautioned handle could contribute to a lower vibration in a comforting way.
The 5-point anti-vibration in this machine, reduce the machine vibe also reduce the user fatigues.
The side tensioning system helps to adjust the chain tightness for a long time until one process is not finished at all.
An automatic oiler works to consistently lubricate the chainsaw chain and bar in a super effective way.
By this auto lubricator, your machine will earn the capability to fight against any premature wear and tear of the chain and bar.
The quick-start technology allows for a faster and easier pull starting in a while.
Including of the Heavy Duty die-cast chassis and pro-grade ingredients into the construction of this Chainsaw, it can helps to reduce the total weight of this device along with making it durable.
Whether to cut large branches cut small or large trees, you can easily use this Chainsaw.
Tool-less access to the spark plug along with the air filter of this saw, helps for an easy clean and replacement of the filter paper.
This Chainsaw is engineered to hold an advanced power so that users can use it for any heavy wood cutting even after any storm calamities also.
Inside the Package
One Remington RM4618 Gas Powered Chainsaw, one 18 inch chain, one chain bar, one heavy-duty carrying case, 2-Cycle Oil and Chain Oil, one user manual, etc.
- This Chainsaw is featuring a quick start technology, which gives a quick and easy pulling start of the saw.
- The auto chain braking system, along with the 18-inch chain, increases user safety by reducing kickback chance.
- The weight of this saw is only 16.6 lbs; this light in weight chainsaw can help the user to operate them far from the back yard efficiently.
- Presenting the Tool-free access to machine parts helps the user for easy maintaining of this saw.
- It has a 5-point anti-vibration system. Presenting of the isolated and cautioned handle helps to reduce the machine vibes.
- A side-mounted chain tensioning system helps the user to tighten the chain tension quickly and effectively easily.
- The automatic oiler in the Chainsaw help to prevent the chain and saw corrosion consistently oiling them all over time.
- Moreover, containing such powerful engines, 46 cc engines make this saw so powerful, it can easily use to cut any heavy wood cutting even after a storm calamity also.
3. Oregon CS1500 18 inch Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
Oregon CS1500 chainsaw includes an 18-inch PowerSharp chain and chain bar, which allows the user to sharpen the chain jus in 3 seconds or less.
The fantastic feature of sharpening your Chainsaw within this rapid time helps you to minimize any process downtime and thereby increase the product output.
The instant start features of this device help to start the saw more rapidly and thus save a lot of process engaged time for your convenience.
It is a high-powered and low noise producing electric chainsaw that can easily use for trimming branches, Limbing, and vice versa.
It is a corded chainsaw run based on the electrical power supply using some electrical cables.
As you don’t have to mix oil and gas as the fuel to run this machine, it will save you from some complicated hassles every time. This Chainsaw has a side tension adjusting system.
This tool-less tensioning allows the user to adjust the chain by tightening the side ring presents on the chain cover.
The automatic oiler included into the Chainsaw, keep your chain and chain bar lubricated and protected from premature breakdown consistently.
The electric power of 15 amps is much enough to complete many of your wood cutting jobs effectively.
Inside the Package
One Oregon CS1500 15 Amp Self-Sharpening electric chainsaw, one 18 inch chain, one chain bar, one user manual, etc.
- This Chainsaw has an 18-inch PowerSharp chain and a suitable chain bar.
- This Chainsaw is featuring a chain sharpen capacity at 3 seconds.
- The instant start capacity makes this machine able to start the cutting process instantly.
- This saw is a pre-assembled machine and doesn’t need to assemble again after removing from the packaging.
- This machine also has an auto chain braking system; thereby, it can reduce the machine kickback and can prolong the machine service.
- Unlike any other gas-powered chainsaw, this machine doesn’t produce any loud noise in between each woodcut.
- The chain and bar tightening of this Chainsaw hereby control by the side tensioning adjust knob along with the machine.
- Including the bumper spikes and the throttle lock switch into the machine, users get the support of reduced accidental provability.
4. Greenworks Pro 80V 18 Inch Cordless Chainsaw
The power supply of Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw is a 2.0 Ah battery. Using this 2.0 ah battery power, you will able to achieve 150 cuts quickly.
The Greenworks PRO chainsaw with its fully charged battery is a super performer in many wood cutting performances.
You can cut any light and moderate wood cutting with a fully charged battery including in the Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw.
The DigiPro Brushless motors into this Chainsaw, give almost the same output as a 45 cc gas-powered chainsaw.
So if a battery-powered Chainsaw with a low noise gives you a gas-powered chainsaw output, you should not delay to select it for any of your light to moderate wood cutting function.
The handle of this Chainsaw is constructed with steel bucking Spikes and a durable metal wrap outer. So this handle will give you a comfortable feeling when you move your Chainsaw at various angles.
The electronic automatic chain braking system, along with the 18-inch chain, will help you to feel a reduced kickback.
Besides this, any disorganized biting of the chain teeth on the wood will cause it stops the machine suddenly to prevent any further risk.
A reduced bribe not only reduces the risk of the user damage, but it also works to enhance the machine durability by reducing any sudden breakdown of the chain and chain bar.
This Chainsaw has an automatic oiler to lubricate the chain and chain bar regularly.
Besides this, a side chain adjusting system also presents here to helps the user so that they can tighten the chain and chain bar rapidly without facing any hassles.
Moreover, an electric start characteristic helps this machine to be very potential by giving an automated and rapid starting of this Chainsaw.
This device is a quality chainsaw constructed from hard plastic and metal.
Inside the Package
One Greenworks PRO 18-Inch 80V Cordless Chainsaw, one 1 Lithium-ion batteries, one charger, one 18 inch chain, one chain bar, and one user manual.
- It has a 2.0 AH lithium-ion Battery, which can give more than 150 cuts per full charge of it.
- The 18-inch chain and electric auto chain braking system thereby work to meet the user specification and user safety suitably.
- It is featuring a side chain tightening system.
- This chain has the DigiPro Brushless motors, which can give a 45 cc gas-powered function.
- This Chainsaw has a Steel bucking Spike, and a durable metal wrap outer covered handle.
- The automatic oiler included in this device helps to lubricate the chain and bar effectively.
- This machine is started with an electric start.
- For 80V 2Ah Battery included in this device, charging time is only half an hour.
5. Poulan Pro PR4218, 18 inch 42cc Gas Chainsaw
Do you want a chainsaw with a patented OxyPower technology? So you have almost got your desired Chainsaw.
Poulan Pro PR4218, 18 in. 42cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw has a patented OxyPower technology that enables the saw to deal with the fuel more proficiently.
You will enjoy 70% fewer emissions and 20% lower fuel consumption if you use this Chainsaw to meet your wood cutting demand.
The incredible engine power, along with the lower fuel consumption and lower harmful emission, makes this worthy of being beloved counterparts at your cutting wood accessories storage.
The automatic gear-driven oiler lubricates the chain and chain bar regularly, reducing the chance of any sudden breakdown and maintenance.
A Super Clean Air filtration system enhances the engine life also cleans the filter efficiently and rapidly.
Including the Effortless Pull Starting (EPS) system combined a spring associate pulling the cord with an easy to use purge bulb.
This combination furthermore helps for a smooth start of the machine directly.
The Ergonomic design with an Anti-vibration system reduces the machine handle vibration and lessens the user fatigues.
Furthermore, integrated storage, along with the lock cover facilities, offers the user to enjoy tool-less access to the inside of the chain tensioning system.
You can easily use the PR4218 is 42cc 2-cycle Chainsaw to complete a medium-duty storm clean-up, tree felling, and fireplace wood cutting.
Inside the Package
One Poulan Pro PR4218 gas-powered chainsaw, one 18 inches ergonomic chain, one chain bar, one Carrying Case, Extra Chain, one Built-in Scrench, 2-Stroke Oil, one user manual, etc.
- The power supply of this gas-powered Chainsaw is a 42cc gasoline-powered engine.
- Featuring the 2–stroke patented OxyPower technology, this machine deal with the fuel handling system more efficiently. Using this saw will help the user to enjoy a 70 percent less emission and a 20 percent less fuel consumption.
- This Chainsaw is featuring the capacity to tackle any medium to heavy-duty wood cutting performance.
- It has an 18-inch chain and chain bar.
- The Super Clean Air Filter system included here works to enhance the filter and engine life.
- This device has a spring associated pulling cord combined with the easy-to-use purge bulb.
- It has a handy handle, which can work to give the user super anti-vibration feelings.
- The onboard scrench, combined with the snap-lock cover, gives the user and Tool-less access to the chain tensioning system.
6. WORX WG304.1, 18 Inch Chainsaw
This Chainsaw is also an 18 inched chainsaw which contains a 15.0 Amp motor to deliver an extended and powerful wood cutting.
The Patented auto-tension chain system presents into the saw helps to enjoy proper chain tightness over 100 usages of the saw.
The auto-tension system contains a single and handy knob, which ensures the chain and chain bar has a decent tighten trough out the whole process.
This device has a chain Links: 63 and it contains a chain with an auto chain braking system. Including the chain braking system is a safety feature that works to protect both the user and the machine.
This chain braking system ensures the low kickback property of this Chainsaw. It is one of the best extended Chainsaws and can help to accomplish much moderate wood cutting job efficiently.
This machine lubricates its chain and chain bar using an automatic oil supply from an inbuilt oil tank along with a window level indicator.
The capacity of this oil reservoir is 200 milliliters. Presenting the rubber over-molded rear handle along with the ergonomic full-wrap front handle provides the optimum efficacy for the user comfort.
Unlike the gas-powered Chainsaw, this Chainsaw is featuring not to use any fossil fuel as their power supply.
Thereby, this machine is far from using fuel and emits any carbon smoke in the open air. The WORX WG304.1 electric chainsaw is easy to use and handle.
This Chainsaw is light in weight and contains a metal bumper. This metal bumper helps the machine to stay in a stable position when you keep the device at the ground surface.
The greaseable sprocket improves the efficacy and the durability of the metal unit associated with it. You can use this device to feeling any medium or large trees or can cut any firewood cutting.
This robust but straightforward Chainsaw, therefore, can be a perfect device to clean your small garden and make it lucrative.
However, it is an excellent chainsaw if you buy never will regret it in the future.
Inside the Package
One WORX WG304.1 Chain Saw, one 18 inch chain, one chain bar, one scabbard, one quart of chain oil and operating instructions, etc.
- This Chainsaw has a 15 amp motor capacity as its energy supplier. This motor capacity can give the same performance as one gas-powered Chainsaw.
- The 18-inch chain and chain bar, along with the low kickback features, allow stopping the machine within a second if the user faces any emergency while running the tool.
- Built-in auto oilers lubricate the chain and chain bar consistently.
- This Chainsaw has a patented Auto tensioning system by which you can access the tensioning system easily and can adjust the chain and bar in the middle of the saw running.
- The weight of this saw is 11 lbs, which never produce any user fatigues by any means.
- This machine has a rubber rear handle along with an ergonomic full wrapped front handle. This combination helps the user more control the device very comfortably.
Buying Guideline of the best 18 inch Chainsaw
Type of Chainsaw
The first thing is what Chainsaw you want to buy for yourself? Selecting the chainsaw types is depends on various facts related to you.
There are three types of Chainsaw available now a day, gas-powered Chainsaw, electric corded Chainsaw, and battery-powered Cordless Chainsaw.
Gas-powered chainsaw use a mixture of oil and gas their power supply. Electric chainsaws run on electrical supply from a switchboard using some cables. Cordless battery-powered Chainsaw runs on a battery charge.
Every Chainsaw has some advantage or disadvantage. But gas-powered Chainsaw is capable of cutting heavy-duty jobs for a longer time.
In contrast, electric or battery-powered chainsaws are capable of giving you a light to moderate wood cutting for a limited time.
Tool-Less Chain Tensioning
It is a wheel built in the clutch cover of the saw. Chain tightening turning the wheel takes a few seconds, whereas a manual adjusting the chain tightness takes several minutes.
That why today’s most upgraded chainsaw brands are trend to contain a tool-less side adjusting chain tensioning status.
So if you want a chainsaw with the hassle-free rapid chain tightening, purchase it with a tool-less chain tensioning system.
As technology upgraded day by day, so Chainsaw contains the Easy-start technology is one of the amazing key features that make the Chainsaw very suitable for effectively use it.
An easy start system helps the Chainsaw to quickly pulling to start the saw. For a gas-powered chainsaw, the bigger the engine, the harder to pull the starting handle or cord.
So the presence of an easy-start system will help you to start the saw easily and rapidly. Electric Chainsaw or battery-powered chainsaws are better to contain this feature.
Manual oiling onto the chain and chain bar may cause an injury at your hand.
Besides this, manual oiling over the chain and chain bar may not always be smooth and proper.
However, an automatic oiler with a window oil level indicator in any chainsaw helps the user to automatically lubricate the chain and bar and thus prevent the saw breakdown also increase the machine durability.
Decide the saw width before you go to purchase it. A saw may contain a narrow body width or a wider body width.
Generally, a low price ranged Chainsaw contains a more extensive body, and a high price ranged Chainsaw contains a small body width.
If you want to do a few woodcuts for a limited time, and broader body chainsaw is perfect for you. But for a frequent user, narrow-body width chainsaw is perfect.
So, select which type of body width you want to purchase.
There are two types of the chain may present in today’s chainsaws. One is a standard steel chain, and another one is upgraded to the standard steel chain, i.e., the carbide-tooth chain.
The standard steel chain is perfect for a dirt or metal type of wood. In contrast to this, the carbide-Tooth chain is applicable to cut almost all kinds of wood.
So you can think of buying one carbide-teeth chain for your saw, the problem is these teeth are nearly 50 dollars more expanse than the standard one.
Besides this, once this chain becomes dull, you cannot easily sharpen them.
So now it’s up to you, what types of chain you should peak for your Chainsaw?
Safety Features and Considerations
There are hundreds of saw brands available in the market.
Each brand is offering lots of safety feature and many other offers to attract the customer towards their brand.
Kickback reduction, safety switch, auto chain braking system, presence of safety throttle lock, vibration reducer, noise reducer, etc. are some of the safety features which should present in your Chainsaw to enhance the saw quality by giving you the comfort feelings.
Chainsaw Maintenance and Care
» Once you have finished your wood cutting job, remove all wood dust and debris, and any adhering gasoline from the saw. After then wipe the saw gently and carefully using a soft metal brush.
» Check the oil tank before you store it for a long time. If any remaining oil stays into the tank, never allow to keep it exceeding three weeks.
» Never keep without oiling of your chain and chain bar, proper oiling of the chain, and chain bar totally will protect themselves from any premature breakdown and corrosion.
» Before using the Chainsaw, check the chain sharpness accurately. A less sharpen chain will force you to give extra pressure while you are going to cut any wood.
» Check the chain tightness before you are starting the saw. A loose or tight chain and chain bar will disturb you repeatedly meanwhile your cutting job. An improper chain tension sometimes may bring severe, dangerous provability as well.
» For any gas-powered chainsaw, after each use empty the gas tank in a plastic container and a well-ventilated area.
» Check the air filter of your gas-powered Chainsaw. Try to replace the filter frequently in a short interval.
» Store the Chainsaw by covering the bar with a bar cover or bar sheath. It will save your chain and bar from the outer raff environment.
» For gas-powered Chainsaw, check the spark plug is there any damaged or discolored electrodes are showing or not.
» For Electric Chainsaw, check the electric cables, whether it has any open loop or not. Connecting electric Chainsaw using a free looped electrical cable will cause severe accidents for you and whoever is present around you at your work time.
» For battery-powered Chainsaw, remove the battery and store the saw in a safe place. Storing of Chainsaw with the battery will damage the saw gradually.
1. What can I do with one 18 inch chainsaw?
However, following woodcutting can be possible using an 18-inch chainsaw:
» Tree Pruning
» Tree and Bush Trimming
» Tree Felling
» Log Splitting
» Firewood Cutting
2. When should I sharpen my chain?
Instead of it, it will produce larger wood chips effectively. However, if you see your chain is producing sawdust, then it times to sharpen your chain immediately.
3. How can I select a chainsaw for my wood cutting?
But for a limited and light woodcutting job, an electric or battery-powered chainsaw will be okay.
There are several things to consider and think before selecting the best 18 inch Chainsaw from the market. Sometimes all the things may seem an overwhelming matter to you.
Don’t take this consideration as a matter of panic matters. You should keep patience and think technically to select the best 18 inch Chainsaw around from you.
An 18-inch chainsaw can be both gas-powered, electric-powered, or battery powered. You can accomplish any of your light to moderate woodcutting jobs using one 18 inch chainsaw.
So based on your wood cutting demand, your choice, and your affording capacity, choose the best one with some upgraded features and functions.
At least, not last actually, an 18-inch chainsaw is capable of doing light and medium wood cutting jobs.
Yes, sometimes, many manufacturers will suggest you use this Chainsaw for any hard and heavy woodcut.
But believe us; using an 18-inch chain for a substantial job will degrade the machine efficiency gradually.
So if you need to do heavy-duty woodcutting, it is better to buy one separate and more powerful Chainsaw with some bomb blasted ability.
Thank you for reading this article.
As usual, please share this post into your timeline.